Monday 4 December 2017

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

  • Hunkydory Christmas classics Luxury card collection: Santa Claus is Coming to Town
  • Hunkydory second little book of Christmas
  • Hunkydory essential book of Christmas sentiments
  • cardstock from various other Hunkydory collections
  • silver mirri card
  • A5, DL, 5x7", 6x4" & 6x6" white card blanks
For this DL card, I made a feature of the printed Santa image on one sheet of cardstock. I simply covered the card front with the cardstock and finished with a little sentiment from the collection. I added the coordinating section of insert to the inside of the card.
inside
I used the remaining cardstock to cover this A5 card. I matted the little book page onto silver mirri card to create a topper and finished with an essential book sentiment. I trimmed the insert down to cover the inside of the card and add the message.
inside
I took the second sheet of cardstock from the collection and created this A5 card. I cut the cardstock to fit the card front, with the border across the base. I trimmed down the other coordinating little book image to fit neatly in the frame. I glued the image and frame to the centre of the top panel of cardstock. I found a message from the essential book to compliment the design and positioned this on the printed border. I added the insert to the inside of the card.
inside
I positioned the border vertically on this square card to ground the large sentiment. I cut the cardstock to fill the card front. I then added the sentiment topper overlapping the border edge. Beside the sentiment, I glued the Santa image topper. I trimmed the insert down to centre the message inside the card.
inside
For this 5x7" landscape card, I pieced together an offcut of red cardstock from this collection alongside a neutral piece from another collection. I cut the cardstock to fit the card front, with a border strip covering the join. I added the little topper, edged with the same print as the border strip, off centre on the card. I completed the design with an essential book sentiment.
I used another of the small toppers from the collection, along with various offcuts of cardstock to create this 6x4" card. I pieced together the card front with a green strip of card from this set, edged with the coordinating red cardstock and border left over from another set. I positioned the essential book sentiment across the border at the top of the card and placed the long, thin Santa topper beneath on the green section.
Following the same design concept of using up remaining pieces of cardstock, I was able to make this 6" square card. The join between the cardstocks was edged with a fine green and gold ribbon this time, secured behind the cardstock panels before they were glued to the card front. I cut down a little book page to fill the frame, left over from this collection, to create the topper. I finished the card with the remaining sentiment, centred on the bottom border.
I found another piece of the cream cardstock used above, large enough to cover a 6x4" landscape card blank. I used a border strip to break up the plainer cardstock with a splash of colour. The topper chosen from the essential book sat across this border. I then angled the topper image onto the matching frame to create the focal point on the card.
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment