Friday 24 July 2015

# selfie


  • 6x6" card blank
  • white digi cardstock
  • tim holtz distress ink pad- tumbled glass
  • archival ink pad- cobalt
  • mama elephant- artic penguins and jolly & merry stamp sets
  • black memento ink pad and copics
  • SU! on film framelit die
  • mama elephant landscape trio dies
  • hunkydory snowfall acetate
  • sakura stardust glitter pen
to make this card I cut a mat of card to fit onto my card blank, then inked and stamped this with snowflakes to make my background. I stamped my sentiment in the bottom corner and added glitter over the top to accent this. I die cut the frame die out of some white card and glued it in position. I then used the inside edge as a guide and used a craft knife to make an aperture. I then cut 3 squares of white card slightly bigger than the aperture, I very lightly inked the 1st layer, inked the second layer and left the 3rd layer white. I die cut these into sections to create the sky, sea and ice to create scenery. On another piece of card, I used masking techniques to stamp one penguin onto the block of ice and 3 other penguins into huddle together. I coloured these using copics and cut them out. I then positioned my penguins onto the scene and glued all these pieces together. I taped snowfall acetate to the back of my frame then taped the scene in position behind. I glued this to the card blank using foam tape to add dimension.

 
to make the inside of my card, I cut a mat of cardstock. I stamped my greeting with a skating penguin positioned at the end of the word. I coloured the penguin with some copics and glittered the greeting to finish my card.
 
challenges:
Mx

2 comments:

  1. Those little penguins are just adorable, even more so in your photo frame "selfie"! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete