Sunday 31 May 2015

feather fascinators

fascinators
 
As promised, I am sharing pictures of the fascinators I made with you. I bought some fabric and cut strips. I stitched these to prevent the edges fraying, then wrapped them around to shape them into flowers. These were sewn at the back to secure them. I then added loops of organza and satin ribbon and finished off with some black feathers. I backed the finished arrangement with a circle of black felt to keep it neat, securing this with fabric glue and blanket stitching. I then fixed the smallest of these onto a broach pin using thread. I added a fascinator back to the other one, using a hot glue gun, so it could be clipped into hair or pinned onto the outfit. I think its a great way to customise an outfit with something handmade and unique for a special occasion.
 
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment