Wednesday 22 April 2015

my millie...

front of the card
  • 4x4" pearl card blank
  • coloured card stock
  • a tattered lace embossing folder
  • lawn fawn- stitched circle stackable
  • acetate
  • sequins- spring mix
  • digi cardstock, memento ink,copics
  • avery elle- furry friends stamps & dies
  • tim holtz distress ink pad (worn lipstick)
  • SU! because you care
  • sakura micron pen & clear star pen
  • inkssentials opaque white
  • glossy accents
to make this card I cut a mat of blue to fit my card, I then die cut a circle from this and the card blank. I then embossed the blue mat for added texture. I used the original circle die with a larger one to create a pink frame to layer on top. I then began to assemble the card by adding 2 pieces of acetate with beads and sequins in between, using foam tape to separate the layers creating the shaker window. I then layered the card up with the blue layer and the pink frame to decorate the front. I stamped, coloured and die cut the dog to add the image to the front of the card. I highlighted the eyes and nose with glossy accents.  I decided to colour the dog like my puppy millie, to add a personal touch.

inside the card
 
For the inside, I created a mat of pink card decorated with paws stamped all over for backing paper. I then added a blue circle of card removed from the window of the front. I stamped a sentiment and added it to the inside, lining it up with the window shaker window so it could be read from the front.
 
back of the card
I took the circle cut from the inside of the pink frame and added this to the back of the card for somewhere to write your message. I stamped it with a bone and added my 'handmade by' stamp to finish off. I think the combination of a sequin shaker, bright colours and the cute dog make this a really fun little card.  

challenges:

Mx

2 comments:

  1. This is incredibly cute! Love that dog! Thanks for playing with Make The Day Special Stamp Store challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the lovely comment... Mx

    ReplyDelete