Wednesday 25 February 2015

two by two...

  • 6 x 4 kraft card blank craftwork cards digi cardstock and yellow pearl linen cardstock
  • SU! 'two by two' stamp
  • memento ink and promarkers
  • a brown button and twine
 
I decided to create a vibrant, gender neutral baby card and thought this Noah's ark stamp would work well with the kraft and yellow colour scheme. Following the sketch, I cut my cardstock on an angle to create my mat and layers. I stamped the image (not inking the sentiment attached) and coloured this with promarkers. I then cleaned the stamp and inked only the sentiment this time. this was cut into a banner shape and layered onto more yellow. I curled the edge for a bit of dimension before gluing down all of my layers onto the card blank. the finishing touch of a button tied with twine was added to complete the sketch.
 
Mx

4 comments:

  1. This is super adorable, Stacey! I love the colors you chose and how your image works with the sketch. That stamp is fabulous and so is your coloring! Your button placement and curled flag is so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. I'm so glad to have had a chance to see your work. Cathy DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the lovely comment, I found out today I won top 3, so am over the moon!! Mx

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous and the sketch works so well with your stamp! Thanks for joining in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Sketch Saturday DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou for the nice cooment. I love the challenge blog, great for when your mojo is running low... Mx

      Delete