Saturday 6 December 2014

padded puddings!!

 
I've been hand sewing some tree decorations. these are my christmas puddings.. they are so cute and really simple to make. I took 2 felt circles (find a lid or any good size circle to draw around then cut it out). I also added a white half circle to make the icing, with the wiggly edge secured using satin stitch. I used french knots to create some texture on the main body of the pudding. the holly leaves were cut from some green felt and stitched into place at the top of the pudding with buttons for berries. I chose some gingham ribbon to be able to hang the puddings from the tree or cupboard handles. once everything was in place, I stitched the two halves together, (padded out with some wadding for nice fat puddings) using a decorative blanket stitch. 
 
I'm really pleased with how these have turned out. If you like them too, keep checking my blog as I'm busy stitching and creating more little bauble designs !!
 
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment