Wednesday 24 September 2014

tag it! & my new craft room...

 
I used mainly tim holtz products to make this tag, distress ink pads  (shabby shutter, scattered straw, dusty concord  dried marigold, gathered twigs & black soot) , distressing tool, shatter stencil, nostalgic kraft -core collection cardstock(core-dinations) and the Halloween shadows alteration sizzlit die (sizzix). I also use ranger manila tag, glossy accents and dreamweaver embossing paste in translucent.
 
to make this tag I inked my background using distress ink pads, I then distressed the edges and added more colour to them. i used embossing paste through the shatter stencil in the top corner. I  then die cut my embellishments. once the tag had dried I glued the shapes on to the tag where I wanted them. i cut the trick or treat icon twice using different colours and fussy cut the layers to add interest. I added extra detail at the bottom by using some glossy accents to the shape, I wanted this to stand out and be more of a focal point. it just needs some ribbon adding to the top then it will be finished.
 
 

 
this is a picture of my new craft room... I might add a shelf for my books, few pictures and decorations, but otherwise its done. I am so happy with the way it turned out. I have plenty of storage and finally know where everything is, which makes crafting so much easier. * the really cool knobs are from a little shop in scarborough called homebird house*
 
Mx

2 comments:

  1. Love your Halloween tag - the glossy accents are used perfectly. Congrats on your new crafty space too - looks fab

    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Tag It challenge.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete