Saturday 30 August 2014

dotty about mushrooms!!

 
 
because it is the last ever challenge from the seize the sketch blog I knew I had to make a card. It is my friends birthday coming up and as she loves mushrooms, I knew the stamp out of the everybunny set would be perfect. because the image is a small stamp this sketch showed it off perfectly...
 
for my card i used a 5x5 red card blank, craftwork cards digi cardstock, archival ink in carnation red and tuxedo black memento. the stamp sets were all from stampin' up!, every bunny, petite pairs and distress dots. I also used sizzix circle framelit dies, promarkers and a bit of white ribbon
 
I cut a piece of card slightly smaller than my card blank to create my mat and stamped it with the background dots in red. I used a circle die to form my apertures. the ribbon was added at the bottom of the mat and the end was taped on the reverse to make a neat finish, this was then glued on to the card blank using foam pads.  I used an off cut of the digi cardstock to stamp my mushroom image and cut this out using a smaller circle die from the set, I then coloured the image using promarkers. I stamped the sentiment on to another piece of card and die cut it in the same way. I used double sided tape to glue these in to the middle of the apertures. I made a matching insert with the main image in the bottom corner, to give the card a professional finish. 
 
 
 
Mx

3 comments:

  1. Your card is just darling! I LOVE the polka doted paper and sweet images in the circles.Really cute! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cuteness!! love your take on the sketch :) Thanks for joining us for our finial sketch on Seize the Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad to see this challenge blog end, I have really enjoyed playing along. thanks for the sketches and lovely comments mx

    ReplyDelete