Monday 3 February 2014

sprinkled pink !!



stamps: remembering your birthday, a cherry on top (hostess) from stampin' up!
inks: tim holtz distress ink pads (brushed corduroy, spun sugar worn lipstick & tattered rose) also need the markers (brushed corduroy & worn lipstick)
cardstock: craftwork cards digi cardstock, 6x4" kraft card blank plus kraft cardstock 
extras: bakers twine(I used stampin' up! calypso coral, because it was the best match for this card), a pink button (this one is papermania), I also used the stamp-a-ma-jig.


I started by cutting a mat for the front of my card, I inked this using a pale pink then glued it down. I cut the white layer next, ready for stamping onto. I used the distress markers (from tim holtz) to ink up sections of the stamp I wanted different colours, to add emphasis to some of the words in the sentiment. I then stamped the three cupcake wrappers in a row above and added the cupcake frosting tops using three different shades of pink ink pads, (the stamp-a-ma-jig was used to help line everything up.) I inked strips of card using the darker shade of pink and added these to my top white layer, placing one behind to create a thin border and one in front. I then wrapped bakers twine around the bottom pink panel and secured it at the back. I cut a small banner out of a scrap of kraft cardstock and added this to the topper. I knotted some more bakers twine through a pink button and glued it to the top of the banner. I added the topper to the card to complete.
 
inside
for the inside of the card I simply cut a mat to size, in white digi cardstock and stamped my sentiment in centre using brown ink. for a special touch I added a cupcake at the bottom corner, by stamping the bun case in place then lining up the frosting top with the stamp-a-ma-jig.
 
 
 
 


 
 
Mx
 

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet card (in more ways than one!) Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty in pink and super cute cupcakes. Thanks for playing along with us in the Anything Goes with twine or string challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete