Friday 7 February 2014

a forest friend ...


stamps: petite pairs & language of friendship from stampin' up! wallpaper and wood from stampers anonymous tim holtz collection
paper: we r memory keepers anthologie 6x6 paper pad, my minds eye away we go 6x6 designer paper pad plus 4x6" kraft landscape card blank
inks: archival (sepia) ink pad
punches: bird builder & lace ribbon border punch both from stampin' up!

after creating the woodland wishes card, I thought I would use the design to make an alternative. I stamped the kraft card blank with the wood print background. I used the punch to create the border to layer over it. I chose a soft patterned paper in coordinating colours for the topper, matted onto a piece of kraft cardstock. I used some more kraft card to stamp and punch out the bird and its branch. again I cut two branches, one kraft one green and trimmed them by hand to give the effect of a branch with green leaves. I assembled the card together, finished off with a birthday sentiment in the corner of the topper. I think it makes a lovely variation on the fun owl card I made.
 
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment