Monday 27 January 2014

over the threshold !!


stamps: over the threshold, folk flowers from lili of the valley, a word for you from stampin up!
inks: memento (tuxedo black) ink pad, tim holtz ink pad (brushed corduroy, antique linen), promarkers
cardstock: craftworkcards digi cardstock, 6x6 card blank
extras: circles framlits (657551) dies & big shot from sizzix, pink ribbon, adhesive pearls
 
I started by inking the edge of my card blank using brown. I cut a piece of digi card to mat on top and inked the edge using cream, then stamped the cardstock all over with a swirl design, using a cream ink to make a subtle background paper. I added the thin pink ribbon in the centre, criss- crossing over each other, then add a bow at one end. I stamped my focal image on to digi cardstock and die cut it using my big shot. I coloured the image using promarkers keeping the palette very soft and neutral, with a highlight of pink for the flowers and heart confetti to match the ribbon. I added a bit of ink to the edge of the circle topper to help it stand out, then glued it to the card using foam pads. for the final touch I added adhesive pearls to the corners.  


inside

for the inside, I cut a piece of card to create a matt as an insert. I edged it with brown ink, then stamped it all over with the swirl stamps, as I had done for the background on the front of the card. the final step was to add the stamped sentiment.
 
 



Mx

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty inside & out, well done. Thank you for playing along with us at PFP & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming card. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Lovely soft colours and I love the sentiment inside.

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete